Frequency Asked Questions

Can I address the Board at a Board meeting?

Yes, of course, but you'll need to make an appointment first so that we can allot a specific time for you within our agenda. You'll find details on how to make your request HERE.

Do I need approval to make a change on my property?

That depends on what kind of change you’re making. Painting your shed is one thing, but building a new one is something else entirely. You’ll need approval from the Board in writing for any substantial changes you want to make to your lot—new buildings, additions to an existing building, etc. Schedule “A” in the BYLAWS has all the details. Email the Board with your plans for the change and we’ll get back to you. If in doubt, please contact the Board first to avoid any potential issues.

Can I use the Community Hall?

Yes, but please book the hall in advance to avoid disappointment.  There is a fee for private events to cover costs such as septic use. You can submit a Hall booking request HERE.

What am I allowed to put in the dumpsters?

Only standard household garbage is allowed in the dumpsters. No construction materials, please!  Never put firepit ashes in the dumpster—this can ignite a fire in the dumpster and also in the garbage truck. This has occurred in the past so please be careful! Ashes should be put in a metal container and stored in a safe place to cool before disposing of them.

The area by the garage dumpster often has USEFUL items (our own version of Value Village) left  for reuse of your neighbors. If it does not work, do not leave it there, put it in the garbage. This is not for bikes with no wheels or lawn mowers with no wheels or old satellite dishes or outdated propane bottles or etc...    These items should all be taken to the landfill. If it is not household garbage that you would put at the curb on garbage day at home then please take it to the dump.

 Please keep our garbage to household only.  Below are alternate options

Mountainview Waste – Website has information on hours of operations and answers to your questions.

Didsbury Landfill
NW 25-31-2 W5 Rural# 2042 Twp. Rd 314
West of Didsbury on RR 20. Cross first set of railway tracks then turn left (west) before next set of railway tracks onto Twp. Rd 314. Entrance on north side of road right next to Didsbury Rodeo Grounds.

Sundre Transfer Station
SW 36-32-5 W5 Rural# 32590 RR 51
1.6 km east of the Town of Sundre. 1.6 km South of Hwy 27 on the east side of RR 51

Water Valley Transfer Station
NE 27-29-5 W5 Rural# 10-27441 RR 52
½ mile north of the Water Valley 4-way stop. North side of road across from the Water Valley Storage.

Where can visitors park?

Parking is allowed only on your lot, not on roadways. A few additional park spaces may be found near the main entrance. If you have several visitors that need to park near the entrance, please contact the Board first.

How do I file a Bylaw infraction?

Any owner may submit a complaint to the Board. Anonymous complaints are accepted. You’ll find details on filing a bylaw complaint HERE.

What do I need to know about Quads, ATVs, Golf Carts, etc?

Quads, ATVs, and Golf Carts are allowed, but only on the roadways within the Park. Please note the Speed Limit is 15 km/hr. All vehicles must clearly display the owner’s lot number (or the lot number of the owner you’re visiting, if you’re a guest). Lot owners assume full responsibility for the actions of their guests. Anyone 13 or younger is required to wear a CSA-approved helmet while operating or riding in such a vehicle.

Is the Garden at the entrance for all residents?

The garden boxes at the front are rented out on an annual basis. Please inquire about availability by sending an email to 

I find the Bylaws hard to read. Is there a simple summary somewhere?

The poster WHAT'S ALLOWED ON YOUR LOT provides a clear summary of the development restrictions from Schedule “A” of the Bylaws.